You will require a study and work visa in order to apply for a College Co-op Diplomas or Study and Work Programmes. To check if you qualify, review the Canada study and work visa criteria listed below, then let’s get to work on our plans!


You must get a Canada study and work visa, also known as the Study and Co-op work permit, to participate in a College Co-op Diplomas or Study and Work Programme in Canada. If you meet specific requirements, the Government of Canada will issue you one of these permits.


To apply for a Study and Co-op Work Permit in Canada, you must be able to produce the following documents:

  • You must have a valid passport.
  • You must be at least 19 years old.
  • A high school diploma is required.
  • English Proficiency – equivalent to IELTS 5.0 and TOEIC 780.
  • You must provide proof that you have been accepted to study at a DLI in Canada.
  • You must provide Proof that you can financially sustain yourself and pay your tuition fees while in Canada. Please visit the IRCC website for further information on this requirement.
  • Letter of explanation or motivation stating your objectives for finishing this program.

How Do I Apply for a Canada Study and Work Visa?

A study permit is a document given by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that grants you permission to study and work in Canada.

You can apply for the Canada Study and Co-op Work Permit either on your own or with the assistance of a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC). You will be advised and your visa application will be submitted on your behalf by an authorized immigration and citizenship representative. You must apply from outside of Canada for your initial study and co-op work permit, and it must be accepted before you arrive to Canada.

Will I be able to work in Canada if I have a study permit?

Yes, provided you take part in one of our Co-op programs. During your study program, you can work up to 20 hours per week and full-time during scheduled breaks. You can only begin working in Canada once you begin your studies.

Because our programs contain a mandated co-op, you will be permitted to work more than 20 hours throughout your co-op time, as job experience is required for graduation.

Why do I need financial funds to apply for a Study and Work Permit in Canada if I can work?

Financial funds are required in order to be qualified for a study and work permit in Canada. Working while studying will make no difference. When applying for a study and work permit, you must demonstrate that you have enough financial resources to support yourself during your studies and stay in Canada. The IRCC website has more information on this criterion.

Can I Do a Co-op Programme in Canada if I Only Have a Study Permit?

If you are enrolled in one of our study programs, you will need a Co-op work visa because work experience is required as part of your studies. If you do not receive it when you arrive in Canada, you should apply while you are here during your studies component so that it is ready for your Co-op term.

Your Co-op work permit is distinct from the off-campus employment entitlement granted by your study permit.

Is it possible for me to just study English and work in Canada?

No, you cannot learn English and work in Canada, even if you intend to apply for a study permit and remain for longer than six months. To be able to work in Canada, you must first complete post-secondary degrees.

How Long Do I Need to Study to Work in Canada?

To be eligible to apply for a study permit that would allow you to work in Canada throughout your education program, you must study for at least 6 months at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Because the co-op is required for graduation, you will also acquire a co-op work permit through our programs.

When Will I Be Able to Travel to Canada?

After your study permit is approved, you will be issued one of the following documents to go to Canada:

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for visa-required nations (you must submit your passport in your home country to have your visa stamped before flying to Canada), or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for visa-exempt countries.

When Will I Receive My Canada Study and Work Permit?

When you arrive in Canada. If you are from a nation that requires a visa, your passport will be stamped with your visa before you leave for Canada. When you arrive in Canada, you will bring:

Present your Letter of Introduction or Port of Entry to the Canada Border Services Officer, along with an updated Letter of Acceptance from the College, to receive approval for your study and employment permit.
Please keep in mind that before leaving the immigration area, you must double-check the details on your study permit.

How Long Does It Take to Get a Study and Work Permit in Canada?

Study permit processing periods vary by nation. Remember to factor in the time it will take you to prepare your application as well as the processing time from Canada. Please see this page for a detailed list of processing times based on your country.

Kyra Info

Kyra Infor is a news blogging platform that is aimed at giving the population the best of news and Entertainment.

You may also like...

3 Responses

  1. I lik very these informatin

  2. Sanni says:

    Je veux un travail au canada , je suis un jeune Togolais diplômé chômeurs. Si vous pouvez m’aider dans le but du travail au canada

  3. Adiny veronique says:

    Je veux étudier à Canada

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *